Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Da Vinci Code


History has always remained my favourite subject, though religion is not. Also paintings never attracted me in a big way compare to other art forms. But when I went thru this book related to Da Vinci’s work in the light of pre chirstian religious history , I was amazed to see the kind of research author has done to write this suspense novel. Infact the book’s speciality is that apart from keeping your interest alive right thru... it enlightens ur mind too.
Some of the observations of author were really quite interesting. Here I share some of them with u!

First Monalisa will not be same for me again :), I will always visualize her as Amon + Isis(Lisa), the combination of male & female fertility god of Egypt.

And have u heard of a magic no PHI? Mathematically PHI is equal to 1.618. So what’s so special about it? Human body is literally made of building blocks whose proportional ratios always equal to PHI. Not convinced :)! Take out the inch tape & calculate following ratios:
Tip of ur head to the floor/ belly button to the floor
Shoulder to fingertips/ elbow to fingertips
Hip to floor / knee to floor!
According to author all these ratios will be equal to PHI

Vinci’s famous work The Last Supper consists of 13 men including Jesus Christ right
no wrong
It consists of 12 men + 1 women ! Who was she?

There r other controversial observations which can be questioned! But it gives an interesting viewpoint abut Jesus , Christianity & Pre Christian religion of nature worshippers known as Pagans.

But religious history is just the backdrop of the novel, the real suspense is involved in solving some smart crypto graphical riddles ! So puzzle lovers will just love it. All in all a good novel to read..

9 comments:

Keshi said...

ok alot of ppl have been telling me abt Da Vinci Code...I better get it then :)

Keshi.

Manish Kumar said...

Keshi Hmmmm! try it u will like it!


Joyas Ohh I didn't know about the movie. Nice to know that u liked it.

Danny Sorry dear if u felt offended. Btw want to make it clear that questions raised in my post are not mine but of the author i.e. Den Brown in the referred novel.

Dawn said...

Hey I have read this book...its amazing...Da Vinci Code...and yes..the Last Supper too...but you really reminded me of my school days...as I can still see the pic of that time when I was taught about history...I really enjoyed...this one :)
Thnx to u :)

Manish Kumar said...

Its amazing novel DON! An absolute treat for people like me!

Nisha said...

Hey... just read this novel recently... He is truly amazing..!! Can't say whether it is all true... But it is definetely mind-bogling.

Manish Kumar said...

Welcome Iceblue to my blog !
Happy to know that u felt the same after going thru this one :)

PuNeEt said...

u know what I'm reading this book currently...
and as so impressed by this book ...

i'll be coming with a post on this book the moment i finsh...

take care
Cheers

Urvashi said...

I just looooooved The daVinci Code, it's such a marvellous book! More than the the mystery part I just loved the whole historical part; it was related so well by Dan Brown, not at all boring like my History lessons in school! The views expressed in this book are fascinating, whether they are true or false.

Manish Kumar said...

same here PR! It was a kind of historical enlightment :)